Friday, April 24, 2009

The best Chinese buffet EVER!

On arrival in Lillington when asked what we wanted for lunch, quick as a flash I sprouted, "Chinese buffet". I had experienced one of these with Poppa Don in our first week and it was great. This one, in the Lillington area, was even better!




Look at the size of our bellies, I mean plates.

I think Corey won with the number of helpings consumed, but perhaps (?) I won with the actual amount consumed. You may notice from recent pictures that I am somewhat more rounded. Let me assure you I am not pregnant; I am merely enjoying the Southern hospitality! During this trip I have discovered an exceptionally scientific equation:

(f + g) - e = mtb + og

Where:
f = food
g = grog
e= exercise
mtb = muffin top belly
og = other growth

We had a good day today touring Campbell University, a small private university, in the town of Buies Creek. In the afternoon we took the opportunity to invade Karen's office and occupy every available computer to check emails and do blogs. We knew you'd all be missing them as we hadn't time to scratch our ... hair or do blogs in Raleigh as we were too busy working and partying.


Teacher Margaret asked us a really hard question. I think Scott has the best pondering technique.


Professor Tim, teaching us much ado about nothing.


Us presenting to the Lillington and surrounding clubs with President Peter, Area Coordinator Bill, Rotarian Karen and 7710 Team Leader Gary.

Margaret and I have just arrived at 7710 GSE Team Leader Gary's lake house (yes, so hard to take this lifestyle) and we are off to the district conference tomorrow where we are going to deliver our best presentation EVER! The conference is in the beach town of Wilmington so that will also be fairly hard to take.

We are all having so much fun (and also doing some seriously GREAT WORK). Keep those comments coming on our blog. I think although Mares was slow off the mark, she is making exceptional progress and is perhaps the most dedicated blog post mistress.
Kel.

No comments: